Friday, August 19, 2005

Another successful B4BBB



Well, I've taken to encouraging RUI (riding under the influence). Beer for Bikers on the Broadway Bridge is a non-profit organization exclusively founded to make peoples' nights brighter. The concept originated as I was riding my fixie home one day with a 12pack of PBR in my bag. I thought about how great it would be to ride and drink an ice-cold PBR at the same time before realizing this wasn't very feasible on a fixed gear (not to mention illegal). Close to home, I stopped on Williams and cracked open a cold one (still illegal, but not as dangerous). Before long, a couple folks rode by and I hollered out "Hey, want a beer?" They rapidly turned around, came back and before I knew it 6-8 people were sitting on the sidewalk amidst a pile of cycles and we were having a grand old time.....all for $5. Here are some photos a friend took of the most recent B4BBB. I particularly like the one where you can see a red taillight passing through our crowd...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home